Thank you for choosing to stay with the Skeabost House Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel. Please read our terms and conditions of your booking below.
In accordance with Scottish Law, there is a no smoking policy in force at Skeabost House Hotel.
Smoking in the garden is acceptable at the designated spots. Please ask our staff for more information about the smoking policy at our hotel.
Our housekeepers are trained to observe signs of smoking in the hotel and there will be a significant room recovery fee (£100) for guests who do not comply in order to cover the extensive cost of restoring guest rooms to a smoke-free condition.
- Full Scottish Breakfast is included in the rate quoted and is served between 7.30 am and 9.30 am (8 am and 10 am in the winter months) Monday – Sunday. Should a guest require breakfast out with these times, we require 12 hours notice. The earliest we can arrange a fully cooked breakfast is 07.00.
- Dinner is served from 18.30 – 21.00. Please advise in advance if you require dinner out with these times.
- We can cater for special dietary requirements but would need to be advised of such at the time of booking or at least 24hours in advance.
- No wines, spirits, food or beverage may be brought into the Hotel or grounds by you or on your behalf for consumption on the Hotel premises unless the prior consent of the Hotel has been obtained, for which a charge will be made.
- Only food and drink purchased from the hotel may be consumed on the premises. If food or beverages are brought into the hotel for consumption, a charge will be made equal to the hotel's selling price for that or an equivalent product, which shall be in the absolute determination of the hotel.
- Bedrooms are allocated according to the room type booked unless a specific room is requested at the time of booking.
- Every guest is liable for damages caused in the bedroom which has not been reported on check-in. Any items removed from the bedroom will be charged to the customer accordingly. We ask that you do report any incidents when they occur.
- Disabled facilities are not provided in the hotel. Should you have a disability that prevents you from walking stairs please let the hotel know at the time of booking.
- The consumption of private – not bought within the hotel – alcohol and food is strictly forbidden. If guests wish to consume private alcohol the hotel has to be informed and a corkage charge will apply.
Deposits, Cancelations and Alternations
- Generally, a non-refundable or transferable deposit equal to the value of the first-night stay is required at time of booking unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- If a booking is cancelled less than 72 hours before arrival the full amount for the stay (as booked) will be charged unless the hotel is able to resell the room.
- Cancellations and alterations must be made in writing. Verbal is not accepted.
- Guests may wish to consider holiday insurance as Sonas Group Hotels operates a 72-hour cancellation policy. Although every effort is made to re-let cancelled accommodation, a charge will be made whenever we are unable to do so.
- Full prepayment is required at time of booking which is non-transferable and non-refundable in the event of cancellation. Only once your payment has been received in full will your booking be secured.
- Credit Card/Debit card details are used to guarantee reservations and settle hotel bills.
- The hotel does not accept American Express Credit Cards or Diners Card.
- Traveller cheques or Foreign Currency is not accepted as a method of payment.
- The currency is British Pound Sterling.
- Methods of payment: Cash, Cheque, MasterCard, Visa, Maestro.
- Our hotel offers on room transactions around the hotel. This service is only available for the guest with valid credit/debit card attached to their account. We ask our guests to check and sign the invoice for each of their transactions.
Skeabost House reserves the right to amend prices in the event of the following:
- Unforeseen changes in the cost of labour and/or essential commodities.
- Any variation in the rate of value-added tax or any other tax replacing same.
- Any new taxes other than or replacing Value Added Tax.
- VAT is included in the prices quoted at 20%.
- A special Dinner, Bed and Breakfast rate which we offer to guests. If you are on Bed and Breakfast tariff and would like dinner, it must be booked in advance. If you are on Dinner, Bed and Breakfast tariff but choose not to dine with us, there will be no reduction in the tariff unless we are notified in advance of your stay, in which case the current Bed and Breakfast tariff will apply.
Booking Confirmation & Deposit
Our deposit policy follows the rate you have chosen during your booking process. When applicable, the deposit will be taken off the credit card provided during the reservation process. For more information please check the cancellation policy for your rate.
All bookings created by our online booking system, via the phone or by email will be confirmed by our confirmation email.
Cancellation of Booking
By making your booking, our agreement is a legal contract and you agree to our terms and conditions.
Our general cancellation policy based on the selected rate is 72hr prior to the arrival date. Although every effort is made to re-let cancelled accommodation, a charge will be made whenever we are unable to do so and therefore guests may wish to consider holiday insurance. For more information please read the full cancellation policy attached to the rate you have selected.
Any cancellations or transfer requests due to adverse weather conditions, exceptional family circumstances or other reasons are not guaranteed and they have to be approved by the company directors.
All our bookings require a guarantee by credit or debit card. You can always change the form of payment on your arrival; however, we do not accept some credit/debit cards so please ask if your card is acceptable. All credit card transactions are secure and no data collected is offered to third parties for any reason. All transactions comply with the relevant legal requirements at the time of the transaction.
Our hotel offers on-room transactions around the hotel. This service is only available for the guest with a valid credit/debit card attached to their account. We ask our guests to check and sign the invoice for each of their transactions.
Non-availability of Accommodation
We would only cancel your stay if your accommodation was unavailable for reasons beyond our control. We would, however, attempt to find you alternative accommodation if we were unable to find suitable accommodation our liability would not extend beyond this point.
Sorry, we do not allow pets inside the hotel under any circumstances and we ask our guests to inform the reception when bringing a pet on to the hotel’s grounds
Acceptance of Children
We welcome children of any age, however, we ask you to contact the hotel before booking to inform us that there are children in your party, this ensures that we have space and availability to accommodate your child. A limited amount of highchairs and travel cots are available.
The accommodation will be available to you from 3.00 pm on the day of arrival unless otherwise arranged. We may not be able to accommodate you if you arrive earlier than the agreed time as we will be busy preparing your rooms. However, you may drop off your bags or join us for lunch at an earlier time by prior arrangement.
It is most appreciated if you will notify us of your estimated time of arrival.
Please ensure you contact us to let us know if you will be arriving later than 11.00 pm, and inform us of your estimated time of arrival. Our reception is switching into the night mode after 11.00 pm.
We ask our guests to vacate their room by 11 am on the day of their departure.
Hotel’s Lounge Rules
Skeabost House Hotel offers a selection of lounges throughout the hotel. We ask our guests to look after the rooms and their furniture. We do not allow our guests to sleep on the sofas, keep their feet on the tables or move the furniture around.
Only food items provided by the hotel can be consumed in our lounges, restaurants and bars.
Skeabost House Hotel will not be liable for any failure to provide the services contracted in the following circumstances:
- Industrial action by employees.
- Industrial action by the staff of a major supplier.
- Destruction or damage to the hotel.
- Civil disturbance or riot.
- Email, Fax or Postal Bookings which do not reach them.
- Any other matter out with their control.
- The operator fails to comply with any terms of this agreement.
- The Company undertakes to take all possible action within its powers to alleviate any such inconveniences. In the event of any doubt or ambiguity arising to the construction of these conditions, the same will be determined by references to the rule of the Law of Scotland.
Any data collected during the course of this booking will be stored on our computer(s). With your permission, we may from time to time contact you about promotions and offers. We will not share your details with any third party.